YEAR MONTH EVENT
1781 Oct. 19 Revolutionary War ended.
1783 April 23 Continental Congress promised land to Canadian refugees.
1785 April 13 Continental Congress passed a resolution regarding land grants to refugees from Nova Scotia.
1785 Continental Congress devised a method of surveying land in squares to dispose of lands in Western Territory.
1787 Civil government established for Northwest Territory under Governor General Arthur St. Clair.
1789 April 30 George Washington inaugurated as first U.S. President.
1798 April 7 Congress passed act providing for the filing of claims to refugee lands.
1799 summer Congressional lands were being surveyed into sections by John Mathews and Ebenezer Buckingham.
1800 Ohio had 45,365 inhabitants.
1801 Congressional lands resurveyed into half sections by Elnathan Scofield.
1802 March 1 James Crawford received his land in Refugee Tract.
1803 April 30 Franklin County established by act of state government.
1803 September 26 Thomas Palmer was in Franklin County.
1806 September 10 James C. Reynolds born in Ashtabula, Ohio
1810 Truro Township established and organized. First justice of the peace Ebenezer Richards; served 2 years.
1813 August 25 Daniel Dunihue bought all of Half Section 30, site of Reynoldsburg.
1816 fall John D. and Jane Graham French came to this area from N.Y. State. John bought land from Dunihue.
1817 Truro Seceder Church organized.
1818 Truro Seceders (later United Presbyterians) built a church at Livingston Avenue and State Route 256.
1818 January 1 Elders ordained for Truro Seceder Church.
1819 Schoolhouse built on George Graham's land. David Graham, teacher.
1820 Truro Meeting House (Presbyterian) erected near Hibernia
1820 Log cabin school existed at Big Walnut Creek and Livingston Avenue. Mr. McAfferty, teacher.
1822 Alexander W. Livingston born.
1822 August 20 Grand Squirrel Hunt.
1822 September 13 Primitive Baptist Church organized.
1822-23 Epidemic fever and ague in Franklin County; many died.
1823 March David Pugh built two toll bridges, one over Alum Creek, one over Big Walnut Creek.
1825-1840 Anti-Masons flourished.
1826 National Road reached Zanesville.
1828 Methodist Church Society formed and building started at Brice.
1828 Quarry opened on Waggoner Road by land owner Henry Besse.
1830's Hibernia came into being.
1830 January 12 Martin and John Waggoner and others presented County Commissioners a petition to have a road built.
1831 National Road being built in John French's village.
1831 James C. Reynolds came to this area from Zanesville.
1831 November 9 Abiather Vinton Taylor surveyed John French's farm land to create a town
1831-1832 First tavern in Reynoldsburg being run by John B. West.
1832 August Matthew Crawford's Addition to Reynoldsburg platted.
1833 Upper and Lower Taverns built.
Reynoldsburg-Truro Historical Society © 2016