Reynoldsburg-Truro Historical Society © 2016
The original twenty-acre site was called Hillbilly Park a country music destination. Sometime during the 1950's the swimming pool was built and the property became known as Echo Woods.
In 1973 a group of investors from Rockwell International, headed up by Art and Betty Jacob, took ownership and changed the name to Tall Timbers. A new snack bar was constructed, replacing one back in the woods. Eventually a 20x20 foot baby pool was built, along with a 35x50 foot intermediate pool.
In 1990 the facility was sold to the Walnut Hills Community Church. The church did not make a go of the swimming pool and it was filled in during the early nineties.
As these photos show there were many happy hours spent there and many wonderful memories created. Philip Vaughn 2004
Photos courtesy of Art and Betty Jacob.